We offer tailored contraceptive patch consultations in the UK and London.
- Over 99% effective
- Takes 1 week to start working
- It works by stopping you produce an egg
- It thickens the mucous of your cervix to prevent sperm making its way to your womb
- It thins the lining of the womb, making it difficult for fertilised eggs to implant
The contraceptive patch is a highly effective, combined contraceptive method that contains two hormones, progesterone, and estrogen. It is over 99% effective and works by stopping you from producing an egg, thickening the mucous of your cervix to prevent sperm from reaching your womb, and thinning the lining of the womb, making it difficult for fertilized eggs to implant.
The contraceptive patch is applied to fleshy areas of your body, such as your arm, buttock, or leg. It should be changed once a week for three weeks, and on the fourth week, it should be removed, and a breakthrough bleed will occur. The cycle is then repeated.
- Can reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and menstrual pain
- May relieve symptoms of Pre Menstrual Syndrome
- Can reduce risk of Endometriosis recurrence after surgery
- Can improve acne, hirsutism and menstrual irregularities associated with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Associated with a reduction in risk of endometrial, colorectal and ovarian cancers
- Increased risk of Venous Thromboembolism
- Increased chance of heart attack and stroke
- Increased chance of breast cancer
- Increased chance of cervical cancer
The contraceptive patch may not be suitable for everyone. The following may mean you are not suitable for the contraceptive patch:
The contraceptive patch should be changed once a week for three weeks, and on the fourth week, it should be removed, and a breakthrough bleed will occur. The cycle is then repeated.
At The Centre for Health, we offer telephone consultation for £100 and a private prescription that varies depending on the pharmacy’s costs. However, we require a recent blood pressure, height, and weight measurement before prescribing the contraceptive patch.
At The Centre for Health, we understand that every person is unique, and we provide personalized contraceptive patch consultations that take into account your medical history, lifestyle, and preferences.